The Blue Dog RV team knows that during these unprecedented times, it can be difficult to be quarantined at home and unable to partake in your weekly routine, on top of not being able to travel and explore the great outdoors and national parks, campgrounds, and preserves that you love. Now that the majority of states are entering reopening phases, it’s hard for those of you who are eager to get back into the campgrounds with your family in your RV to know which parks are included in the reopenings. Blue Dog RV is here to help you discover which national park services in your area are open for day use and overnight stay options! Though this is the most up-to-date information, be sure to confirm on your selected park’s website to ensure the open status.
- Joshua Tree National Park: Family campsites, trails, roads, and park entrances have reopened starting on May 18. Group campsites and visitor centers remain closed at this time.
- Pinnacles National Park: While the park is closed to day-use visitors, the campground is available to campers by reservation only.
Montana & Wyoming
- Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area: The Grapevine, Trail Creek, and Horseshoe Bend Campgrounds are open now and campground fees are applicable. Visitors can also enjoy the boat ramps near Lovell, WY, and trails, including 3 Mile Trail, to have outdoor activities, though these continue to be monitored daily.
- Mesa Verde National Park: Morefield Campground is now open to visitors, as well as the Far View Lodge, Far View Terrace, and Spruce Tree Terrace. Visitors can also enjoy park hiking trails, Far View sites, and the Chapin picnic area.
Arizona & Utah
- Glen Canyon National Recreation Area: Lone Rock Beach Primitive Campground reopened on May 28 at 10 AM for day-use and overnight options. Visitors also can enjoy launching from the various Lake Powell ramps.
- Badlands National Park: While the entrance stations and visitor center will remain closed, visitors are able to access the campground, trails, and park roads to have an enjoyable getaway.
- Cape Hatteras Campgrounds: While the grounds are open for public use, they will be operating at a limited capacity. Reservations and payment must be made via online methods only.
- Obed National Wild and Scenic River: Visitors are now able to utilize the Rock Creek Campground for their getaway. Reservations need to be made in advance and the visitor center will remain closed.
- Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve Area: Visitors are now able to access the Bartlett Cove Campground!
Blue Dog RV is committed to being your RV resource, whether you are a resident in one of the 7 states we serve or choose to travel to check out our impressive inventory of Grand Design and other top manufacturers in the RV industry. We always strive to provide you the latest and greatest in fifth wheels, travel trailers, and motorhomes, but we’re also here to provide you with information to ensure that you are having the best experience when you’re traveling the country in your RV on the weekends. Now that we are seeing states reopen, take advantage of this newfound freedom, and start making memories with your family in your camper or RV again! As always, ensure that you are practicing proper social distancing and staying sanitized while out of the house. Contact Blue Dog RV for your RV needs while the summer season is ramping up!