Looking for a Christmas recipe that’s easy to make, can be made ahead of time, can be frozen, and will impress friends and family? You’ve come to the right place. It might seem hard to meet that criteria, but you’ll be impressed by these super easy and super delicious Christmas peppermint patties.
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1-2 tsp peppermint extract*
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups dark dipping chocolate**
- chocolate jimmies, if desired
- Combine butter, corn syrup, extract and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes, until ingredients are well combined and are holding together. You want this dough to be pliable, not crumbly.
- Remove dough from bowl and break off about 2 teaspoon-sized sections. Roll into a ball and gently flatten with your hands. Place patties down on a pan lined with wax or parchment paper. Once all patties are made, place pan in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds. Let sit for an additional minute in the microwave. Remove and gently stir. Remove peppermint patties from freezer. Use a fork to dip each patty in the chocolate, flip to coat the other side, then tap to remove any excess. Transfer chocolate coated patties to wax paper to cool. Top with chocolate jimmies if you’d like.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerate if you want, or freeze for up to 30 days in an airtight container.
This recipe makes about 40 mints. These also make wonderful homemade gifts. Package them up in a little box and give to your friends, family, and neighbors for a treat that is sure to delight.
If you’re looking for more great recipes or travel tips, be sure to keep up with our blog. As your RV dealer we are here to help you enjoy RVing, whether that comes in the form of finding a new RV for sale or providing lifestyle tips, we’re here for you. And, should you find yourself in the market for an RV or wanting to upgrade or downsize, talk to our team about RV financing.
Recipe from: butterwithasideofbread.com