One of the best things about camping is that it’s family friendly. Whether you’re out exploring your destination, spending time with the family at the campground, or making dinner, there’s ample opportunity to involve the kids in every aspect of your RV trip. This includes meal planning. In fact, involving the kids in making delicious meals is a great way to lighten your workload and teach the kids the importance of planning and cooking healthy meals.
These delicious camping recipes can be made with the kids and offer a great opportunity to meal plan. These are simple, affordable, and even fun to make. So start planning and get the kids involved in cooking on your next family vacation.
Brown Bag Eggs and Bacon
- Cooking spray, for spraying brown bag
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 brown lunch bag
- Cooking tripod with a hook
- Campfire with hot embers
- Cut your bacon slices in half and spray inside of the brown bag with cooking spray. Place the bacon on the bottom of the bag and crack the egg into the bag. Fold the top of the bag to close.
- Hang the bag on the tripod and hook 12 inches over the hot fire. You must do it immediately, as the egg will soak through the bag if you do not. Cook for about 20-25 minutes so the eggs and bacon cook through.
Campfire Chili Cheese Fries
- 1 small package frozen french fries not mega family size
- 1 can of chili of choice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Spray a large doubled-up sheet of foil with cooking spray.
Add your frozen fries in the middle and fold to close and seal.
Cook your fries over your campfire. It should take about 15-20 minutes.
Once cooked through, top with chili and cheese.
Cook another 10-minutes to allow the chili to heat and the cheese to melt.
Remove, cool slightly and enjoy!
Excited about the upcoming camping season, but still searching for your dream RV? Get in touch with our team to learn more about available RVs for sale or stop in to speak to our team. We can also assist with RV financing, so affording your dream RV is easier than ever.